A Chattel Mortgage is a commercial finance product under which the financier advances funds to the customer to purchase a vehicle, and the customer takes ownership of the vehicle (chattel) at the time of purchase. The financier then takes a mortgage over the vehicle as security for the loan.Like a commercial loan, once the contract is completed security will be lifted, giving clear title to vehicle.
A Chattel Mortgage through one of our panel of lenders offers many benefits, including:
- Flexible terms from 12 to 84 months (1 to 7 years)
- Option of including a residual value / balloon payment to reduce monthly repayments
- Fixed interest rates and fixed monthly repayments
- Option to include a cash or trade-in deposit to reduce borrow amount and monthly repayments
- GST contained in the vehicle price could be claimed as an input tax credit
To get started, complete an online query now and one of our Business Managers will be in touch shortly, or call us on 1300 522 355.