Birchgrove Finance is an Australian Credit Licence holder (#448556).
Australian Credit Licences are applied for and approved through the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) as part of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
As the national regulator for consumer credit and finance broking, ASIC will only grant credit licences to businesses which demonstrate they:
- Engage in credit activities efficiently, honestly and fairly
- Maintain organisational competence and training
- Comply with responsible lending obligations
- Maintain both internal and external dispute resolution systems
- Maintain adequate financial resources and risk management systems